Property Evaluation & Reserves Assessment
We provide reserve estimates, appraisals, due diligence and third party evaluations by either deterministic or probabilistic methods, including developed and undeveloped reserves, and classification according to Proved, Probable, Possible, Contingent, and Prospective Resource definitions.
Estimates of reserves and producing rates using appropriate combinations of volumetric, material balance, performance trend, numerical simulation and analogous techniques for the following:
- Shale gas and shale oil
- Plant products
- Equity determination and unitization
- Sizing and design of facilities
Combining the technical analyses with analyses of costs and prices, we can forecast these figures into the future and performs a cash flow analysis.
Clients frequently rely on reserve evaluations for transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures and mergers. Our experience and neutrality make our opinions useful as an unbiased measure of value.
Acquisition evaluation process may involve parts or all of the following workflow:
- Gather pertinent data from clients data room
- Perform a data analysis and request missing data as required
- Perform initial screening and advise client about viability (what could be done)
- Perform reserves analysis (scoping, high level or detailed) as required by the client
- Sensitivity analysis as per requirement
- Economic and risk analysis utilizing all the product pricing, operating and capital expenditures and tax assumptions
- Advise client on bid price and due diligence as needed
We can help our clients in the following areas:
- Oil and gas reserve determination
- Fair market value analyses of properties and companies
- Due diligence
- Prospect evaluation - probability analyses
- Merger, acquisition and due diligence